Saturday, October 23, 2010

So if we are not writing...


We all seem to be in creative hiatus unto hibernation at the moment - a flurry of typing right before a meeting and then slipping back into...um...life. Which gets in the way of all good writers!

So this month we'll share what we are reading - professionally and personally!

With the much anticipated Harry Potter 7 Part 1 due out in November, I am re-reading Deathly Hallows so I can complain loudly about everything that was left out. Before that I re-read Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy, one of my very favorite authors. Every sentence needs to be read twice just to get the meaning and then to appreciate the language. This summer I read Cutting for Stone which is up there with Kite Runner as an all time best.

In the car I listen to books on CD and tried to get through as many Newbury winners this summer as possible. Two stand out - although they were all good - Al Capone Does my Shirts and Belle Pratter's Boy.

Oh - yeah - I had two radio interviews this week! The Baby Bible Christmas is being reissued with new improved art and Cook Publishing hired a publicist! So it has been reviewed in several blogs and now "on the air"! I think in Texas but one of them is podcast at www.blogtalkradio.com/Circle-of-Seven from October 21.

Trying to stay perky as the world darkens.....come on Christmas lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment