Tuesday, December 7, 2010

17 Days 'Til Christmas

Congrats on the website and the renewed success of your book, Robin!

I wanted to take a quick moment to respond to your blog topic, but with a twist. I want to mention one that I have really enjoyed reading with my kids: Mortimer's Christmas Manger by Karma Wilson. It is a terrific story about a little mouse who sets up house in a Nativity scene by lugging all the statues out and pushing the baby out of the manger. Then he overhears the Christmas story being read by a father to his children and is moved to make room for the baby Jesus. It is a really nice story and a great way to remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

I think I will order the classic Baby Bible Christmas for my two-year-old niece and I am certain that as my kids get older, we will enjoy reading the Tannenbaum Tailors, written by my fellow blog mate.

As for writing, I am feverishly trying to finish a family history book for my father's Christmas gift. I collected much of the info before my kids were born, but never compiled it.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will enjoy the book with the boys too! Thanks! Great idea for your Dad! Good luck with the Family History!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obvs, the Tailors is a waited-for future annual ritual! I had not heard of Mortimer's Christmas Manger--great recommendation, Monta!

    ReplyDelete