Saturday, December 4, 2010

Once up a time...


Holiday books - what ones did we read/hear as kids?

Well, back in the Stone Age we actually had Christmas stories read to us in school! Shocking, I know. We sang carols, too.

The opening to Little Women (Louisa May Alcott, 1869)- "Christmas won't be Christmas without Father."

Bird's Christmas Carol (Kate Douglas Wiggin, 1887) and Dog of Flanders(Marie Louise de la Ramée, 1872)- two guaranteed tear jerkers! The teachers for some reason LOVED those.

Hmmmm - those are so old they qualify as "literature."

Baby Bible Christmas Storybook continues to get lots of Blogosphere "press" and radio interviews. Can I get one of those publcists for my life?

OK Blog Buds - name some titles NOT 2 centuries old!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know A Dog for Flanders, Robin! I am intrigued. Great pic by the way!

    ReplyDelete